What should I wear and bring?
We encourage you to wear and bring the following:
- Sun protective clothing (swimsuits are optional).
- A hat
- A towel
- Biodegradable sunscreen (please apply and allow your sunscreen to dry as best as possible prior to entering the kayak). Bronzer or self-tanning lotion is not allowed.
- Shoes are not allowed – with the exception of neoprene water shoes.
What equipment/supplies do you provide?
We provide the following:
- Clear kayaks or clear paddleboards, with the paddle
- Life jackets
- Cold bottled water
- Beach chairs & umbrellas (not available for the Mangrove eco-tours)
- Misting cooling fan (available for drone photoshoot only)
Will I get wet?
Our guests do tend to stay fairly dry, however, all participants and any belongings carried in the kayak are subject to getting wet. Valuables should be left on shore in a safe place.
What animals will I see?
Please keep in mind that wild animals are not caged or trained, therefore, sightings of wildlife can never be guaranteed, like in a zoo for example. The more time you devote to exploring, the ever-greater your chances of seeing wildlife will be.
Common sightings include schools of small fish, sea turtles, conch, starfish, barracudas, bonefish, juvenile nurse or lemon sharks, southern stingrays, brown pelicans, ospreys, herons and egrets.
What skill level is needed?
No experience is required. All of our activities begin with paddling instructions and a safety briefing on the beach before we get in the water. Our kayaks are very easy to maneuver!
Are children allowed?
Our minimum age requirement is 3 years old, however, children and teenagers must be accompanied by a tour guide or an adult at all times and the ability of a child to sit in a kayak for the duration of our activities is at the sole discretion the parent.
Is there a weight limit?
Yes. The total combined weight capacity for each kayak is 420lbs.
Can I take a solo kayak?
We use tandem kayaks for our tours/excursions, therefore 2 people from the same group will sit in 1 kayak. When you paddle together you can take turns paddling and taking pictures, this allows for a much more leisurely experience. If you would like to paddle alone, we have clear paddleboards.